Tiny House Insurance: Covering Your Mobile Home

/, Houses/Tiny House Insurance: Covering Your Mobile Home

Tiny House Insurance: Covering Your Mobile Home

Finding the right insurance for your tiny house can be a pain in the you know what….It shouldn’t be! Luckily, if you do need to insure your new tiny home, then you’ve come to the right place! In this Tiny House Insurance: Covering Your Mobile Home, we will explain to you RVIA, and provide you with the perfect company to insure your tiny home, or tiny home business!

Understanding RVIA

Chances are, if you purchase a new tiny home with any of the credible tiny home builders in the United States, your new home will be inspected through the RVIA (RV Industry Association).

I’m sure you’ve been driving down the road, and have seen one of their stickers on a recreational vehicle. These stickers basically say that the home went through a serious of tests, making sure that it is up to the RVIA standards. Get it? Got It? Good.

With that being said, if your tiny home is on wheels you should have that sticker on your house! Those stickers allow you to travel over the road with your tiny home, and when you’re traveling over the road with an $80,000 tiny living space, you need one VERY important piece of documentation….INSURANCE!

If your new tiny home has that pretty little RVIA sticker attached to the side, then finding insurance, and a place to park is much easier.

Many of the big insurance companies won’t cover a tiny house that isn’t tested through the RVIA. If you built your own tiny house, chances are you don’t have that RVIA sticker. Thats ok…We still have you covered.

Get Your Free Tiny House Insurance Quote!

Are you looking for the right insurance for your new tiny house or mobile home? All you have to do is follow the link below, fill out the form, and tell them TinyHouseLife sent you, and BOOM, free quote!

Tiny House Insurance Quote

Free Tiny House Insurance Quote!

What Will They Cover?

They will insure any tiny house on wheels, or any home on a foundation. Did you build your tiny house yourself? They cover that too! If it was built through a builder, the RVIA, or it’s certified, they will cover it! They even insure Skoolies!

Beyond that, maybe your home is short-term living, a vacation spot, or even a seasonal rental, they can cover that too!

Tiny House Business?

If you own your tiny house construction company, and you are looking for the right company to insure your business, they will cover that too!

How Much Does It Cost?

The cost of your tiny house insurance is going to depend on quite a few different factors. It can be as low as $400 a year, to as high as $1500.

If your home has a lot of value packed inside then the insurance is going to be a bit more expensive. If you don’t have a lot of amenities to cover inside, then your insurance will be significantly cheaper.

Is This The Same As A Homeowners Policy?

A normal home policy, unfortunately, does not cover any home that has the ability to move over the road, or if it becomes stolen. It is important that you choose the right policy for your tiny house, especially if you travel over the road!

Policy Coverage

A  Coverage – Living Space – This will cover your tiny home if any damages occur. This company covers as low as $25,000 and will cover as high as $150,000! If you bought your tiny home through a builder, chances are the cost of the home will be less than $150,000.

B Coverage – Outer Structures – Do you have other structures attached to your tiny house? Built on decks? Solar panels? They will cover up to $50,000 on any structure that isn’t a direct part of your tiny house.

C Coverage – Inner Contents – This will cover all of your personal belongings inside the tiny home. This includes pots, pans, clothing, electronics, your TV, bed, and so on.

Content Replacement Costs – If you do by any chance lose something in your home, it will be replaced at brand new value! Which means, if your 5 year old TV is worth $50, they will replace the TV with a new $500 one.

Content Theft – If any of your contents are stolen from your tiny home, they will cover up to $3,000 for your personal belongings.

House Theft – If you’re scared that someone might steal your tiny home, then tiny house insurance is a MUST! They will provide a tracking device to put on your your home, so you always know where to find it!

Over-The-Road – If you are going to be traveling over the road with your tiny home, then they will make sure that you’re covered on the go! Endorsing any trip that you plan to take!

Liability – This is going to cover the inside and outside of your premise. If someone were to get injured on your property, this is where liability would come into play.

Liability covers medical bills, or lawsuit charges that may come about from said injury. Another feature of Liability, is that it will help to cover you incase you hurt your buddy on your property.

Believe me, I’ve seen friends hook each other with fishing lines, and accidentally drop items on each others heads, so it happens!


I know insurance isn’t the most exciting subject, but in the tiny house world, it is absolutely crucial to become knowledgeable in this field.

If you need coverage for your newly built or bought tiny house, then follow the link below, fill out the form, and tell them TinyHouseLife sent you, and you’ll be on your way to acquiring perfect tiny house insurance coverage! Thanks for reading!

Tiny Home Insurance Quote

Free Tiny House Insurance Quote!

Spread the love

About the Author:

I recently made the move from Pennsylvania to acquire 40 acres of land in Central Florida. Living as a minimalist, passionate about wildlife, and the outdoors. Starting a journey to tiny house living, and sharing the experiences along the way. Studied at The Art Institute Of Pittsburgh -Digital Media Productions -Photography Studied At NCST -Certified Welder -Blogger -Buisness owner -Outdoorman

Leave A Comment